Overview: This course is designed to equip you with the skills required to safely and effectively undertake weed control activities. The course raises awareness of declared pest plants as well as weed characteristics and life cycles. Participants develop the skills and confidence to safely and environmentally responsibly handle, mix, apply, transport and dispose of herbicides.
Certification: The course provides successful participants with the competencies necessary for a Commercial Operator’s licence (ACDC licence). This is a nationally accredited course, auspiced through Burnham & Associates Training Consultancy (Registered Training Organisation, RTO 30850). The course covers three units of competency within the Conservation and Land Management Training Package (Certificate III stream) including:
- AHCPMG301 Control Weeds
- AHCCHM303 Prepare & Apply Chemicals
- AHCCHM304 Transport, Handle and Store Chemicals
Key components of learning:
- Declared pest plants
- Weed characteristics and life cycles
- Assessment of weed infestations
- Weed control techniques including best management practice methods
- Workplace health and safety (including SDS, chemical labels, chemical exposure and PPE)
- Preparation for use of herbicides
- Calibration and mixing
- Chemical application techniques
- Transporting chemicals
- Storage of chemicals
Upon completion: On successful completion of the training, you will receive a Statement of Attainment and you will be able to apply for a Queensland Commercial Operator’s Licence (ACDC Licence) through the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
Book Now - $650
Sorry, no more bookings are being accepted for this event.