Biosecurity Training Bundle
Overview: Protect your interests. Get the skills and knowledge you need to effectively manage your biosecurity risks.
This intensive three day course provides you with the practical training, competencies and licences you need to safely and effectively fulfill your biosecurity responsibilities. The Biosecurity Training Bundle includes:
- Clean and Inspect Machinery Hygiene Course (CIMHC)
- clean and inspect vehicle and equipment hygiene and sign-off on hygiene inspection forms as relevant to your organisation
- nationally accredited competency, AHCBIO201A Inspect and Clean Machinery for Plant, Animal and Soil Material
- Agricultural Chemicals Distribution and Control (ACDC)
- get the nationally accredited three units of competency required to apply for a Commercial Operator’s Licence (ACDC Licence)
- AHCPMP301A Control Weeds
- AHCCHM303A Prepare and Apply Chemicals
- ACCHM304A Transport, Handle and Store Chemicals
- Weed Identification and Management for your Operations
- get the skills and knowledge required to identify and manage weeds on your properties and operational areas via this hands-on workshop.
Both the CIMHC and ACDC training are nationally accredited courses, auspiced through Burnham and Associates Training Consultancy (Registered Training Organisation number 30850).
Upon completion of the training, you will receive:
- a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised competencies provided under the CIMHC and ACDC courses
- a licence sized card displaying your CIMHC competency
- a Queensland Commercial Operator’s Licence (ACDC Licence) issued by the Queensland Government (the initial annual licence application fee is included in the course fee) and
- a Certificate of Completion for the Weed ID and Management Workshop.
Cost: $1050 per person (includes all theory and practical training, nationally accredited competencies, one year Commercial Operator’s licence application fee and reference materials). Courses require a minimum of 6 people.
Duration: 3 day intensive course (generally 8:30am to 4:30pm daily across consecutive days).
Location: Customised group courses can be delivered at locations throughout Queensland by request.
What to bring:
- Australian Government Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
- Long sleeve shirt, long pants and safety boots (suitable for getting wet and dirty)
- Drink bottle and lunch
- Safety glasses, sunscreen, hat and gloves
- Writing materials and
- Any other PPE as specified by your company procedures.
Key components of learning:
- Company specific weed hygiene procedures (if in place)
- State government legislation
- Introduction to potential contaminants
- Potential contamination points on vehicles, machinery and equipment
- Inspection and clean down procedures
- Safety procedures
- Equipment to assist in inspection and cleaning
- Practical clean down and inspection exercises conducted in the field
- Introduction to weeds and pests and weed identification skills, covering declared pest plants and common weeds
- Best management weed control techniques
- Inspecting and identifying infestation areas as well as reporting and managing infestations
- Preparing for herbicide use (legislation, planning, safety and record-keeping requirements)
- Chemical handling, mixing and application and records
- Chemical transport, storage and disposal requirements
- Practical weed management activities conducted in the field.