Working with Weeds Workshops
Overview: This training is designed to give participants the skills and knowledge required to work with weeds on your properties and operational areas. The practical on-site training is tailored to your needs and can cover upto three key areas through a part-day or full-day short course.
The three workshops include:
- Chemical weed control (safe and effective hand spraying)
- Weed identification and management
- Weed hygiene in the field
Training costs: $350 per person for the full day training including all three workshops OR $200 per person for the part day training with one session of your choice. Courses require a minimum of 6 people.
Duration: Full day or part day course.
Location: Customised group courses can be delivered at locations throughout Queensland by request. Public courses may also be scheduled from time to time in major centres throughout Queensland.
What to bring:
- Long sleeve shirt, long pants and safety boots (suitable for getting wet and dirty)
- Drink bottle and lunch
- Safety glasses, sunscreen, hat and gloves
- Writing materials and
- Any other PPE as specified by your company procedures.
Key components of learning:
1. Chemical weed control (safe and effective hand spraying) workshop:
- Introduction to weeds and pests
- Preparing for herbicide use with hand sprayers
- Relevant legislation, planning, safety and record-keeping requirements
- Chemical handling, mixing and application
- Chemical transport, storage and disposal requirements
- Practical tips and control techniques.
2. Weed identification and management workshop:
- Identification of common, priority and declared weed species likely to occur in your area
- Inspecting and identifying infestation areas
- Reporting and managing infestations.
3. Weed hygiene in the field workshop:
- How to identify a potential biosecurity risk
- What is biosecurity risk material
- Weed hygiene procedures to consider
- Practical weed hygiene measures.
Upon completion: Upon completion of the training, you will receive a Certificate for the Workshops.